The newest disruptive strength member on the telecom market.
Coats Gotex StremX is a new generation of high performance yarn that can be used as a strength element in fibre optic cables.
This new and innovative product has a unique coating that provides the yarn with exceptional mechanical performance.
Gotex StremX has a very specific composition made up of materials which currently are predominantly used in the Aerospace, Wind and Composite markets. Through our innovative approach to product design we have created a disruptive solution which is the evolution of a yarn that can now be adapted to the cable market.
This strength member has outstanding tensile modulus and tensile strength, as well as excellent temperature and corrosion resistance.
We have developed two variations of Gotex StremX, high modulus as well as ultra high modulus yarns and optional water blocking coatings to accomplish your specific needs in the telecommunication cable designs.
Features and Benefits
- The strand tensile modulus of Gotex StremX HM is up to 15% higher in comparison with Gotex standard fibre glass yarn obtaining similar values as standard modulus aramid yarn
- The strand tensile strength of Gotex StremX HM is up to 15% higher than Gotex standard fibre glass yarn
- The strand tensile modulus of Gotex StremX UHM is up to 25% higher in comparison with Gotex standard fibre glass yarn obtaining the similar values as high modulus aramid yarn
- The strand tensile strength of Gotex StremX UHM is up to 35% higher than Gotex standard fibre glass yarn
- Outstanding flexibility; it has excellent high temperature resistance and corrosion resistance, providing excellent adaptability in a variety of harsh environments
- The impact resistance and fatigue resistance of Gotex StremX has been greatly improved in comparison with Gotex standard fibre glass yarn, providing increased reliability,longer service life and lower maintenance costs
- Fire and rodent proof, all dielectric and offers high flexibility with perfect adaptation to cable cross sections
- High swelling properties and fast swelling speeds in the StremX UBC versions
- Outdoor cables
- Buried cables
- Aerial cables
- Fibre optic cables:
- Strength Member
- Rodent Protection
- Water protection
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.