Anti-microbial polyester corespun with polyester wrap
The anti-microbial process creates a "zone of inhibition" that prevents the growth of odour and stain causing bacteria and pathogens around sewn seams, where microbes like to harbour, leaving seam crevices clean and fresh.
There are many products such as hospital furnishings, operating theatre beds, medical / hospital gowns, muscle supports, that need ongoing protection from microbes and odour causing bacteria. Outdoor goods such as tents, sports goods, backpacks and accessories can also benefit from enhanced protection in seams from mould and bacteria, causing staining and product deterioration.
Epic Protect now combines enhanced anti-microbial protection with the advantages of a superior corespun thread. This polyester-wrapped thread with a polyester ﬁlament core provides maximum tenacity and excellent sewing performance where good appearance, fineness and high seam strength are required. It is specially finished to deliver outstanding sewing performance in the most demanding applications with the added benefit of anti-microbial properties.
Epic Protect has many advantages including fighting mould and mildew, Inhibiting bacteria that causes odour and plus its stain resistent. Coats Protect threads meet a number of recognised anti-bacteria test standards including: AATCC TM90 and ASTM M90 (microbiology activity), EN/ISO 20743 (anti-bacterial) and the Japanese SEK Blue Label accreditation.
Features and Benefits
- Specially finished to deliver outstanding sewing performance in the most demanding applications with the added benefit of anti-microbial properties
- Fights mould and mildew
- Inhibits bacteria that causes odour
- Coats Epic Protect is stain resistant
- The high strength polyester filament core allows the use of finer thread sizes, giving better seam appearance without compromising seam strength
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Coats Protect threads tested against AATCC 100 Anti-Microbial Test, exhibited excellent Anti-Microbial Resistance at 96% post 75 washes
- Meets Fungi Resistance Test - No growth of mould culture Aspergillus Brasiliensis (ATCC 9642), Penicillium Pinophilum (ATCC 11797), Chaetomium Globosum (ATCC 6205), Gliocladium Virens (ATCC 9645) and Aureobasidium Pullulans (ATCC 15233)
- Medical light mattresses
- Sports apparel
- Sports gloves
- Medical supports
- Medical / hospital gowns
Our sewing threads with the Coats Protect technology, have been tested to be effective up to 100 laundry wash cycles (per AATCC TM 150). Effectively this means the anti-microbial performance will endure for the lifetime of the product.
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.