Coats Helios Range
Coats Colour Express
Registered users can place Sample Orders. Contact the local Coats office for registration.
Registered users can place Bulk Orders. Contact the local Coats office for registration.
The Coats Helios range. Resilience without compromise.
Some manufacturing problems require thread with peerless levels of resilience. That’s why we developed Coats Helios — a range to meet the most rigorous demands of industry that’s also easy to use and soft enough for wearables.
For outstanding thermal insulation there’s Helios C and Helios K. For outdoor use and filtration media fit for the temperatures of an autoclave, there’s Helios P. And for supreme strength ten times stronger than high-grade steel, there’s Helios S.
Coats Helios P
Coats Helios P is the strongest polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) sewing thread on the market. It is a high performance sewing thread, made from 100% polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), offering excellent chemical, heat and UV-resistance.
- Ideal for outdoor goods which are exposed to harsh weather conditions
- it's guaranteed not to degrade under UV light or to react to chemicals
- It has high tenacity and an excellent sewing performance
Coats Helios K
Coats Helios K is a para-aramid wrapped sewing thread that is specifically engineered for a variety of technical safety products.
- Made from a special steel core that can withstand temperatures up to 1000°C without any mechanical strain and approximately 300°C under strain
- it has good sewing performance
Coats Helios C
Coats Helios C is a high performance sewing thread made from a steel core (steel class 1.4301 or AISI 304) with 8 to 10 steel wires wrapped with a flame retardant cotton cover.
- Can resist temperatures of approximately 500 - 600ºC without any mechanical strain and approximately 300ºC under mechanical strain.
- Provides good sewing performance
Coats Helios S
Coats Helios S is made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) and commercially available premium gel-spun, self-lubricating thread.
- Highly abrasion-resistant, cut-proof and an extremely light thread
- Exceptional strength and rigidity. Size for size, Coats Helios S is 10 times and 40% stronger than high grade steel and aramids respectively
- Delivers unique properties including high tensile strength and modulus, combined with cut-resistance
- Has low density - less than 1 gram per cubic centimetre, making it float on water - giving it a high strength to weight ratio
|More details||More details|
|More details||More details|
UV Resistance in Sewing Threads
Coats supply thread for outdoor end uses and for high UV resistant applications.
Our products are designed to deliver the desired strength and performance characteristics that make our products the first choice for manufacturers of high quality textiles.