Gral Ripcord PF
Abrasion resistant, coated polyester yarn for ripcords
Coats Gral Ripcord PF is a polyester based, continuous filament yarn designed specifically for fibre optic cable ripcord applications.
Available with a protective film (PF) coating, highly abrasion resistant, offering greater cutting modulus and is proven to help reduce ripcord size.
Features and Benefits
- High tenacity polyester yarn, twisted and regular shaped, with constant diameter
- Excellent cutting properties providing easy access to the cable core during installation or maintenance of this
- Available in natural or coloured
- With a PF coating:
- Excellent resistance to abrasion during cable field accessing
- Proven to help reduce ripcord size
- Anti-wicking finish to prevent water capillarity
- Dielectric Self Support (ADSS) cables
- Loose tube cables
- Non-armoured fibre optic cables
- Ribbon cables
- Tight buffer cables
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.