High modulus coated aramid for use as a strength member in telecommunication cables
Coats Protos STM is a high modulus coated aramid for use as a strength member in telecommunication cables.
Protos STM offers some of the lowest dusting and shedding in the fibre optic industry due to its protective film. This helps reduce machine downtime and improves cleanliness and safety during cable manufacture.
Features and Benefits
- High modulus and high tensile strength
- Protective film prevents shredding and dusting
- Cost efficiencies and custom-made design capability available
- Coats Protos STM is available in specialised weights, lengths and formats (tubes, cones, spools) on request
- General purpose flexible strength member for any application needing high tensile strength
- Cable industry
- For use in loose tube, ribbon, central tube, or tight buffer cable
- Used in both armoured and unarmoured optical cable
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of a product, the customer and/or user should assure herself or himself that the product meets end customer requirements and is suitable for the intended end use. Coats accepts no liability for unsuitable or improper use or application of products.
Information provided above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative. Coats accepts no liability for the preciseness and correctness of the information provided.
Product information sheets are updated from time to time, please be sure you are referring to the most recent publication. Coats supports customers with advice on individual applications on request; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.