For more information please contact:
Anna Mitchell, Group Head of Communications, email@example.com
T +44 208 210 5015, M +44 (0) 7740 747 976
Gideon Rossman, VP Business Development & Marketing, Fulcrum SP Materials Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org
T +972 8 946 0262, M +972 52 3020 229
With a rich heritage dating back to the 1750s, Coats is the world's leading industrial thread and consumer textile crafts business, at home in more than 70 countries, employing 20,000 people across six continents. Revenues in 2012 were US$1.7bn.
Our well-known brands and strong relationships with customers and consumers mean our products and services meet current and future needs. Our company-wide understanding of our business partners and consumers, coupled with the deep expertise of our people, builds trust and certainty.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company continues leading the way around the world: providing complementary and value added products and services to the apparel and footwear industries; extending the crafts offer into new markets and online; and applying innovative techniques to develop products in new areas such as tracer threads, aramids and fibre optics.
- One in five garments on the planet is held together using Coats’ thread
- 75 million car airbags are made using Coats’ thread every year
- Coats produces enough yarn to knit 65 million scarves a year
- In three and a half hours, Coats makes enough thread to go the moon and back
- 300 million pairs of shoes are made every year using Coats’ thread
- One million teabags using Coats’ thread are brewed every 10 minutes
- Thousands of surgical operations take place every day using Coats’ thread
- Thomas Edison used Coats’ thread in 1879 to invent the light bulb
- Coats produces enough thread to reach around the Equator every 11 minutes
- Coats is the second largest and fastest growing global zip manufacturer
About Fulcrum SP Materials Ltd:
Established in 2007, Fulcrum SP Materials is a nanotechnology company commercializing the use of nanoparticles in the rapidly growing €82 billion composites market (Source: JEC Composites). The composites market includes raw materials such as carbon/glass fiber and aramid, and is commonly used in industries such as aerospace, construction, transport and marine, wind energy and sports equipment. Fulcrum’s proprietary SP1/CNT technology can significantly improve the performance properties of composites; creating for its customers stronger and lighter parts manufactured at lower-cost. From its headquarters in Israel, Fulcrum is working in close cooperation with a number of leading multinational companies to develop a range of innovative new commercial products for various end-markets.
For more information on Fulcrum’s innovative SP1/CNT technology please visit http://www.fulcrumnano.com/
To find out more about Coats visit www.coats.com
To subscribe to news releases as they are added to the website go to www.coats.com/media