Range of 100% recycled polyester sewing threads
Coats EcoVerde is the first globally available 100% recycled line of premium corespun and textured sewing threads, delivering the same proven level of performance as the industry’s leading non-recycled threads.
Coats EcoVerde threads help complete the loop for garments and accessories that already use recycled polyester fabrics or other eco-friendly fabrics or materials.
Waste plastic is collected from various industrial and post-consumer sources. Used plastic (PET) bottles are a significant proportion and an example of how this works. These are collected, sorted, cleaned, ground to flakes and then melted down and extruded into the fibre and filaments from which EcoVerde sewing threads are made.
Features and Benefits
- Strong, durable sewing thread with lower repair rates, lower returns to manufacturer, lower irregulars and increased productivity
- World-class quality, greater abrasion resistance and perfect colour matching
- Certified to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®, class I, the most stringent class covering textile items for babies and toddlers
- Excellent colour fastness
- GRS certified
Responsibility Without Compromise: The Journey.
We love our planet, and EcoVerde offers a sustainable alternative without compromise. However, only with a collaborative effort will our climate situation improve.
A 100% recycled premium polyester corespun sewing thread that has been precisely engineered to create durable, attractive seams across a wide range of recycled fabrics and materials
Coats Neophil EcoVerde
New generation 100% recycled sewing thread, carefully engineered for the automotive industry
Gral Quilt EcoVerde
- Made from pre-stabilised 100% recycled high tenacity continuous filament polyester
- Ideal for multi-needle quilting operations
- Available in larger package sizes, suitable for most quilting machines
Epic EcoVerde Rugged
- High-tech corespun thread for maximum strength and durability
- Best bleach fastness – minimum colour change under strong bleaching conditions
- Excellent protection for seams against abrasion, ideal for stonewashing processes
- Less energy intensive to produce in comparison to virgin materials, which results in lower carbon emissions during production
- Delivers same level of performance as the virgin equivalent range, whilst offering sustainability benefits
Dual Duty EcoVerde Indigo
- Features a 100% recycled polyester filament core to support a reduced environmental footprint
- Offers special shade effects
- Delivers outstanding sewing performance and maximum durability
- STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified
The latest innovation in the CoatsKnit range which incorporates natural renewable fibres.